One of my most used apps Notability got a huge update today. I use this for marking up PDF, signing documents I receive through email, taking hand written notes and even the occasional doodle in brain storming sessions.
The app is hugely versatile already but amongst the many improvements there are a few notable ones - handwritten notes are now searchable and you are even able to open two notes side by side. The full list of updates are listed below - if you use an iPad for any kind of productivity you should definitely check it out.
Handwriting Search (for iPad)
- Handwriting is now searchable from the Library and within a specific note.
- Handwriting can also be converted to text.
- The first time you launch Notability, your library will be indexed. After that, your handwriting will be searchable! If you have a lot of handwriting, creating the initial index may take a while.
Multi-Note (for iPad)
- Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
- The new Note Switcher lets you switch between notes quickly.
- Supports audio recording and playback.
- We added a Recent Notes subject to the Library just below All Notes.
- Recent Notes lists up to 10 of your most recently opened notes.
Updated Help Center
- The new Help Center can be opened by tapping the question mark in the Library.
- The Help Center contains updated articles and tutorials.